The massage therapist administers professional massage and body treatments to our guests. They must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to train in our spa’s specific massage and body treatment offerings. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guest including selling retail.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
• Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns.
• Be flexible with the schedule, supporting the needs of the spa, and perform services within the allotted time for the service.
• Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
• Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
• Perform prep work, properly clean, and restock room as required.
• Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
• Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously
• Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
• Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
• 2 years experience in a similar role or related area, required.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities, posses a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to train in our spa’s specific massage and body treatment offerings.
• Must hold and maintain a current state license.
• Positive and professional demeanor.
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently and without direct supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.