Duties of the assistant golf professional include: assisting in operations pertaining to the golf shop and outside service activities, teaching golf clinics and junior camps, involvement with supervising the member service staff, assisting with physical inventory, ensuring accurate tracking of golf rounds, customer preferences and usage patterns, scheduling tee times and handling customer inquiries. The assistant golf pro will also help with implementing tournaments, working and running events at the Whitewater putting course, running group outings and special events, assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as GHIN, assure timely submission of all reports and other additional duties as required. May be required to run golf events at Whitewater putting course and occasionally work a shift if required. Is responsible for creating 5 star golf experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Daily shifts at the golf operations check in desk.
• Assure all scorecards are input in the GHIN handicap system at the end of each shift.
• Accurately complete the daily close-out procedure and make daily deposit immediately following the end of shift.
• Responsible for helping the Director of Golf and Head Professionals with coordinating the play-day’s with the WGA, Lady 9-holer’s, and the HSBR MGA
• Do monthly golf events calendar to assist golf course maintenance, F&B department and member service staff.
• Be aware of pace of play on the course throughout the day. ANY TIME THE PACE OF PLAY GOES BEYOND 4 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES THE HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL MUST BE INFORMED IMMEDIATELY!
• Read all Event BEO’s to assist, not only golf but the other departments to insure a 5 star experience for our members and guests.
• Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage
• Operate POS system, Tournament software, and handicap software (GHIN) and continue to be aware of updates in these systems.
• May assist with building the member services weekly schedule with the member service supervisor.
• Manage daily inventories, stock, up sell provide product knowledge.
• Assist with period end physical inventories that are done at the direction of the Retail Merchandise Manager.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Pursuing membership in the PGA.
• Previous experience is required.
• Have a current driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle report for insurability.
• Maintain and promote a superlative professional image within the community.
• Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Must have neat and pleasant overall appearance.
• Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.