Our Associates take pride in the work they do and, in return, we take pride in them. We know that great teamwork lies at the heart of our success and of our guests’ satisfaction. We set high expectations for our Associates, based on the Millennium core values of mutual respect, honesty, innovation and accountability and will provide you with opportunities to grow, both professionally and personally.
As our Director of Catering, you are responsible for the overall success of the planning and execution of all meeting, events and catering by supervising all of the Catering team to ensure profitability and the client’s satisfaction.
- Provide and manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of reporting employees by carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop and implement an on-going training and development plan which will distinguish the hotel's catering and convention staff.
- Formulate and administer department operations to include work/account schedules, action plans department meetings and Convention Service standards and procedures.
- Schedule and assign in detail, specific duties to all employees under supervision for the efficient operation of the catering and convention services department.
- Support sales and marketing efforts by providing technical assistance and advice, as well as recommending specific hotel improvements of services for meeting clients, resulting in greater group bookings and client satisfaction.
- Consistently analyze and manage opportunities to maximize group revenues for the hotel (i.e. function book, yield management, hospitality suites, group credit/billing.)
- Personally service account load, acting as the liaison between conference/convention clients and all hotel departments, analyzing and deciphering large amounts of oral and written data, effectively organizing and acting on the information to ensure client satisfaction and hotel profitability.
- Solicit new accounts and reviews previous banquet files to generate business. Oversee service of group functions once they are in house.
- Write banquet menus in coordination with the F&B Director and memos to guests. Review and revise catering and convention services department guarantee sheets and weekly event sheets. Formulate and make revisions to annual and monthly forecasts.
- Negotiate and prepares contracts.
- Interact with clients to determine needs and direct staff accordingly. Respond to telephone and walk in inquiries of potential guests.
- To divide definite Catering/Sales files and to work along with Catering/Banquet Managers to contact clients and finalize BEO's for all group functions.
- Work in unification with other departments to ensure functions go according to plan as outlined on the BEO.
- Accurately complete procedural forms as needed on a timely basis.
- Give overview of weekly events to staff, Sales department and F&B meetings and provide feedback to questions.
- Prepare monthly forecast of sales.
- Monitor and oversee that the accounting has properly completed credit applications for all groups requesting direct billing. Assure timely response to credit issues through interaction with accounting personnel.
- Consult newspapers, trade journals, and other publications to learn about contemplated conventions and social functions.
- Organize prospect files by listing information, such as names of officials and plans for conventions, to be used for promotional purposes.
- Direct workers engaged in preparing promotional correspondence with travel bureaus, business and social groups.
- Confer with department heads to discuss and formulate plans for soliciting business.
- Contact executives of organizations to explain services and facilities offered by hotel and to solicit their business.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; however, any combination of education and training within hotel sales may also be considered.
- Three to five years of experience of Sales in the hospitality industry is required.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Functional knowledge of Delphi system preferred.
- Must be able to effectively work with a variety of internal and external customers and staff.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and carry out complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and leaders to complete property/corporate initiatives and effective day to day operations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.
Millennium Hotels is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Millennium Hotel is a drug free workplace. We conduct pre-employment drug tests and criminal background checks on all applicants after a job offer.
Millennium Hotels participates in the electronic employment eligibility verification program commonly referred to as E-Verify.
Compensation: 60,000 to $70,000/year BOE