posted November 10, 2019Holiday Inn Gurnee - Convention Center
The Holiday Inn Gurnee is currently accepting applications for the position of Bartender.
The Holiday Inn Gurnee is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Bartender.
Education & Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field prepared.
* Must be able to read, write & speak in English.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
* Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
* Must be able to work and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
*Previous Bartending experience required.
*Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotel standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
* Comply at all times with Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
* Have a thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
* Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
* Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
* Use Production Charts as specified by hotel’s standards.
* Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
* Attend meetings/training as required by management
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Discover a refreshing Lake County Illinois accommodation. When it comes to selecting the ideal accommodations for your needs, we will exceed your expectations in service, affordability and location. You will experience the difference when you walk in our doors. Our talented team members are here and ready to provide assistance with any request while you are visiting the Lake County area. Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center is the ideal choice for vacationers, business guests and traveling groups alike.
Discover a prime location between Chicago and Milwaukee along I94 connecting you to the Lake County corporate corridor as well as Southeast Wisconsin. Convenient to O’hare International and Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport as well as the Fortune 500 Pleasant Prairie Corridor.
Our convention center features 10000 square feet of flexible meeting space. Located just off the lobby, this private area is ideal for corporate meetings, events and social gatherings. Our largest meeting/event room is 9000 square feet with almost equally the same amount of pre-function space giving your group plenty of room to spread out. With the latest technology we can ensure a successful meeting and event.