Parks Hospitality Group is seeking a highly enthusiastic hotelier to join our team as the opening Executive Housekeeper for the new build Tru by Hilton Burlington. The hotel is scheduled to open late 2019 and offers a fun and exciting opportunity to work with a "service first" company with future growth opportunities.
The Tru by Hilton Burlington will have 101 guestrooms featuring essential business amenities including Hilton’s four-zone lobby with work spaces, in-room entertainment, a 24/7 market, and a modern fitness center. The Tru by Hilton’s mantra is to offer these great amenities while remaining grounded in value. The hotel is ideally located close to Elon University and Downtown Burlington.
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for supervision, labor and cost controls of the Housekeeping Department. Maintains clean guest and public areas at all times. Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; following PHG standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with and completion of all daily operational procedures by the Housekeeping Department:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all Parks Hospitality Hotels, franchise, and hotel/departmental policies and procedures, ensuring that Housekeeping team is informed as well.
- Establishes, maintains, and trains standards and procedures for cleaning and safe working conditions in the housekeeping department.
- Works to ensure high scores for cleanliness and other housekeeping-related items on all Parks Hospitality Group and Franchise inspections.
- Develops and maintains a deep cleaning schedule.
- Develops and enforces an inspection program for all public areas and guest rooms to ensure that proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Initiates new procedures to increase efficiency of labor and safe chemical and equipment use.
- Reviews guest comment cards and complaint letters and takes action.
- Follows-up and maintains compliance with all Parks Hospitality Group, Franchise, Safety and OSHA programs, policies, procedures and reports.
- Ensures compliance with key control procedures as they relate to the Housekeeping department.
- Ensures that any and all storage areas are kept secure at all times.
- Directs and leads the department in writing work orders and works closely with the Chief Engineer to ensure the success of the hotel's preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures all housekeeping and laundry equipment is maintained in working order.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return of guest lost and found items.
- Performs housekeeping, laundry, and houseperson functions whenever necessary.
- Ensures communication with General Manager, all other Department Managers, and staff.
- Manages all aspects of employee performance to ensure productivity and a quality work environment.
- Maintains Housekeeping Department’s annual budget.
- Implement monthly inventory counts to ensure proper ordering, receiving and maintenance of supplies.
- Review and approve all invoices for payment, including correct GL coding and submittal.
- Verify that all keys are accounted for and secured on a consistent basis.
- Set clear expectations for team members – ensure accountability.
- Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and associate related concerns.
- Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs.
- Conduct annual performance reviews in a timely fashion.
- Schedule and work within the designated Labor Model and assigned budget.
- Manage employee’s schedules: be able to input schedules, verify payroll and maintain weekly reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum three years’ experience as Room Attendant.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, chemical handling, requirements and use of equipment.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to do basic arithmetic.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous guest relations training.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
About Parks Hospitality Group . . . Parks Hospitality Group, established in 1998, is a Raleigh-based hotel ownership and management firm with properties located in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee totaling 850 rooms and employing over 300 associates. We are proud franchise partners with Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, and Hyatt Corporation. Parks is focused on developing, owning and managing successful hotels and currently has multiple projects in our developmental pipeline. To learn more, please visit www.parkshotels.com.