Parks Hospitality Group is seeking a highly enthusiastic hotelier to join our team as the opening Chief Engineer for the new build Tru by Hilton Burlington. The hotel is scheduled to open late 2019 and offers a fun and exciting opportunity to work with a "service first" company with future growth opportunities.
The Tru by Hilton Burlington will have 101 guestrooms featuring essential business amenities including Hilton’s four-zone lobby with work spaces, in-room entertainment, a 24/7 market, and a modern fitness center. The Tru by Hilton’s mantra is to offer these great amenities while remaining grounded in value. The hotel is ideally located close to Elon University and Downtown Burlington.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for all functions within the maintenance department. This includes but is not limited to all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment with particular attention towards safety, guest satisfaction, security, asset protection and maintaining standards as required. This position is also expected to supervise the day-to-day operations, recommend and implement procedural changes and monitor and control expenses.
- Responsible for the repair, maintenance and operation of all equipment, furnishings, systems and building components of the hotel facility.
- Inspects and monitors buildings, equipment and grounds to determine maintenance and preventive maintenance requirements.
- Establishes, maintains, and trains standards and procedures for operations and safe working conditions in the department.
- Ensure the proper operation, maintenance, preventive maintenance, and repair of all heating, ventilation, refrigeration and mechanical equipment.
- Accountable for maintaining building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set example for all hotel associates.
- Ensure fulfillment of preventative maintenance program(s) to specific brand standards.
- Inspect guest rooms after Preventative Maintenance.
- Maintain a current inventory of all supplies.
- Maintain a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders. Prioritize and complete work orders in a timely manner. Monitor all deficiencies. Communicate to the requesting party upon completion when needed.
- Maintain a Maintenance Work Order Log.
- Review and approve all invoices for payment, including correct GL coding and submittal.
- Repair HVAC as required; clean HVAC coils semi‐annually or as required.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of brand standard key control policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Check Smoke Alarms throughout hotels on a scheduled basis according to brand standards.
- Ensure routine preventive maintenance on equipment is completed. This includes, but is not limited to laundry equipment, heating, and air condition units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, fire equipment and plumbing. These are performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with the warranty specifications.
- Ensure swimming pool and spa maintenance duties are performed according to manufacturer specifications and local Health Department Regulations
- Maintain the hotel grounds; curb appeal, and building exteriors consistently.
- Develop and maintain maintenance department programs to assure that the Quality Assurance Program for each brand criteria are met.
- Develop department employee attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest and associate needs.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests. Constant and effective communication required.
- Assist the General Manager in resolving guest concerns.
- Educate and lead all department personnel on emergency procedures, key control, safety, and life safety precautions.
- Communication changes in suite/room status with the Front Desk and Housekeeping.
- Answer guest questions regarding hotels and local area facilities and services.
- Ensure that three quotes are received for any repairs that cannot be made property level.
- Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
About Parks Hospitality Group . . . Parks Hospitality Group, established in 1998, is a Raleigh-based hotel ownership and management firm with properties located in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee totaling 850 rooms and employing over 300 associates. We are proud franchise partners with Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, and Hyatt Corporation. Parks is focused on developing, owning and managing successful hotels and currently has multiple projects in our developmental pipeline. To learn more, please visit www.parkshotels.com.