posted September 12, 2019Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
The essential job functions of the Convention Services Manager are:
1. Perform administrative duties relevant to account responsibilities in compliance with corporate guidelines. Document and organize detailed requirements of each function. Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts, such as directing room service in the creation and delivery of VIP amenities.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs. Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients, e.g., classroom, rounds. Review banquet associates’ work to ensure accuracy. Monitor in house group activity providing assistance as needed such as organizing exhibit set up.
4. Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services. Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
5. Advise sales staff as to ability to accommodate client demands including phone requirements, fit of available space and materials such as booths. Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads and securing rebookings.
6. Plan and conduct pre and post convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
7. Document tracking of group activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
The leaders and associates at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards perform any other job related duties as assigned to foster a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
An elevated travel experience awaits you at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. Nestled within the city's thriving Arts & Entertainment district, our hotel offers unparalleled access to Baltimore landmarks including the National Aquarium, M&T Bank Stadium, Royal Farms Arena and Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Stretch out in stylish rooms and suites featuring high-speed Wi-Fi access, Plug-In technology panels, flat-screen TVs and featherbed mattresses. Watch sports as you enjoy seafood and drinks at The Yard, which boasts a unique wine and beer wall, or stop by Bricknfire for a slice of artisanal pizza. Our hotel also offers a 24-hour gym for your convenience. If you're hosting an event in the Inner Harbor, we provide 18,472 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, as well as comprehensive planning and catering services. We're also near the Convention Center, for those attending events at that venue.