posted August 14, 2019Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
Shuttle Supervisor has two primary and measurable goals:
• Achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction in operation of the shuttles.
• Achieve highest possible efficiency in fleet/shuttle operation to reduce the number of airport trips and other costs of shuttle operation.
Supervisor shall maintain relationships with triplex hotel management, manage fleet maintenance and fueling operations and staff schedule and alignment with goals. Additional duties include:
• Maintain monthly shuttle operation log worksheet.
• Monitor and provide responsible system for active-vehicle phone or tablet from driver to driver.
• Maintain log and schedule service for all vehicles to ensure routine maintenance. (service work is subject to senior management approval).
• Maintain gas purchase records
• Supervising reservations, events and group programs
• Filling in as a driver to replace regular staff should circumstances dictate on a regular scheduled basis.
• No less than once weekly monitoring for abandoned vehicles in lot and chalking long-term stay vehicles and a list to ensure revenue collection.
• Flexible availability, in order to react to situations and last minute guest requests or staff call-out.
REPORTS TO: Hotel Manager Sheraton Suites Hotel
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate
2. Oversee all department vehicles including maintenance scheduling, licensing, and cleanliness. Ensure all vehicles remain clean at all times, inside & out.
3. Responsible for researching and understanding specific logistical information for all transportation runs. Modify trip run schedules based on demand at various times of the day and year.
4. Maintain professional composure in high stress situations in order to make last-minute changes.
5. Attend weekly hotel management staff meetings to ensure clear communication between departments and to understand transportation logistics.
6. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, compliments, complaints, and or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction at all times.
7. Develop communication scripts for all van drivers to be trained and adhered to at all times. Including welcome, conveying their name, the order of stops taking place, van radio on easy listening station, 95.7, at a comfortable volume.
8. Ensure all on duty drivers are the specified driver uniform appropriate to the time of year.
9. Drivers to assist in the quick sweeping and trash pickup in the main porte cochere drive including paper, cans/bottles, cigarette butts, etc.
10. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
• Must have a valid class C CDL with passenger endorsement license
• Maintain a good driving record and knowledge of basic vehicle functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Proven telephone and public relation skills.
• Proven computer skills
• Previous Supervisory experience.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and upward reaching. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals. Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and guests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Guests can relax in our spacious and modern suites, featuring the renowned Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience, ergonomic desk chairs and plasma TVs. They can connect to work or home with high speed Internet access, PC work stations and more in our lobby. Reenergize after a long day or flight at Sheraton Fitness or refresh in our pool. We offer a great meal or drinks in our Vector Restaurant & Lounge, a great place to connect with friends and loved ones. We've thought of everything our guests need for a relaxed and memorable stay. With easy access to and from Philadelphia International Airport on our complimentary shuttle, we are also convenient to all of downtown Philadelphia's attractions, including Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the historic district and shopping and cultural destinations. Welcome to Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport—an upbeat and refreshing hotel experience.