posted October 13, 2019Courtyard by Marriott Dallas Plano/The Colony
JOB OVERVIEW: Direct and organize the activities of the Courtyard Food and Beverage Department to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and merchandising to maximize hotel Profitability.
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Hotel Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
3. Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc.
4. Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all food and beverage sub-departments to achieve a profitable result.
5. Participate with Food and Beverage managers in the creation of menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
6. Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments to Crescent standards.
7. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
9. Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply
dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
10. Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control etc.
11. Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained associate at all levels.
12. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
13. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
14. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to move throughout all food and beverage areas and hospitality suites and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and distinguish product quality by smell, taste, and appearance.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Featuring a prime location near many popular entertainment and sports venues including Dr Pepper Arena, The Star in Frisco and Toyota Stadium, our hotel is perfect for the modern business traveler or vacationer. Get a good night's sleep in luxury bedding in our modern rooms, or take care of your business obligations with free high-speed Wi-Fi and ergonomic workstations. PURE rooms are available for the hypoallergenic guests or premium suites ideal for families or travelers looking for more space. When you get hungry, stop by The Bistro for a delicious American breakfast or dinner, or a signature beverage made with Starbucks® coffee. Once you've fueled up, head over to our fitness center to get a workout in using our huge selection of cardio equipment and free weights, then cool off with a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool complete with waterfall and fire pit.