Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton’s performance.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position is Dallas, TX or McLean, VA,
with Dallas preferred.***
The Customer Analytics team serves as a trusted business partner to the Customer Engagement Lifecycle and Partnership (CELP) team, with specialized support for the Leadership team. The CA team consists of both embedded authorities who serve as strategic advisors to the CELP partners (‘Spokes’), and more technical experts who are proficient in advanced analytics, data modeling and visualization (‘Hub’). The team is fully integrated within the business function in order to ensure collaboration in achieving and measuring objectives. In addition, the Customer Analytics team is tasked with supporting the development of a customer-centric decision culture at Hilton by disseminating customer knowledge to other business teams who may benefit.
Working with the Senior Director, Customer Analytics, the Senior Manager will be responsible for serving as a trusted partner with CELP, collaborating with other teams within DNA to not only deliver on CELP data reporting and understanding needs, but tangential support for the data migration project. This will involve providing User Acceptance Testing feedback to the Data Strategy and Governance (DS&G) team, collaborating with the Product team on requirements gathering and input on the design of self-serve dashboards/tools, and ensuring timely delivery of monthly and quarterly metrics for executive reporting. This position will serve as the lead for the Customer Analytic Spokes and as a credible advisor to the Senior Director.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage partner relationships at the Senior Director and VP level within CELP.
- Drive incremental value by delivering your actionable vision to our partners regarding acquiring, activating and growing our Honors members. This includes integrating other data (Cobrand and other Partnership activity) to inform knowledge of engagement.
- Communicate functional understanding and analysis results to leadership through reports and presentations on a monthly and quarterly cadence.
- Support advanced analysis requests and serve as a single point of accountability to the partners for specified responsibilities.
- Serve as final sign-off on prioritization of ad-hoc reports to be automated and standardized.
- Work with other customer insight functions on collaborative initiatives, including the Customer Insights Council and Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV).
- Collaborate with the DNA Data Science team to enhance our predictive capabilities related to customer initiatives and enlighten the organization regarding new opportunities for growth.
- Lead/direct changes to specific customer-based reporting, metrics, data, and policies that impact business as usual for the customers.
- Serve as a trusted advisor within DNA, advocating for the CELP organization and Honors members.
- Prioritize the many requests received, and gently decline engagement where needed in order to improve limited resources to deliver on initiatives that will drive the greatest impact.
- Teach, mentor and develop team members.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starters, who take initiative in handling goals, utilizing analytical skills and possessing flexibility to change
- Strong communicators, influencers and solution-seekers, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Organizers, who have superb attention to detail and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Accountable individuals, who make great use of time management to handle multiple priorities, work well under time constraints and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Collaborative teammates, with a real passion for building positive relationships through teamwork, exhibit tact and earn trust
- A high level of accountability and commitment to solving problems through critical thinking
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (5) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of experience leading reporting
- Two (2) years of experience directing the application of advanced analytics, or analytic tools, educating business users through translation of data
- Functional in SQL
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Deep functional experience in Customer/Member trends in either Hospitality or Retail
- Some travel between Dallas and McLean as well as other meetings external to Hilton as required by the business
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or MA/MS Master's Degree
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!