Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton’s performance.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position is Dallas, TX or McLean, VA,
with Dallas preferred.***
The Customer Analytics team serves as a trusted business partner to the Customer Engagement Lifecycle & Partnership (CELP) team, with specialized support for the Leadership team. The CA team consists of both embedded authorities who serve as strategic advisors to the CELP partners (‘Spokes’), and more technical experts who are proficient in advanced analytics, data modeling and visualization (‘Hub’). The team is fully integrated within the business function in order to ensure collaboration in achieving and measuring objectives. In addition, the Customer Analytics team is tasked with supporting the development of a customer-centric decision culture at Hilton by disseminating customer knowledge to other business teams who may benefit.
Working with the Senior Director, Customer Analytics, the Manager will be responsible for serving as a trusted partner to the CELP business unit, with specific support for the Honors Acquisition and Strategy & Operations teams. This will involve collaborating with other teams within DNA to deliver on the Honors Activation and Strategy & Operations data reporting and understanding needs, with tangential support for the data migration project. This will involve providing User Acceptance Testing feedback to the Data Strategy & Governance (DS&G) team, collaborating with the Product team on requirements gathering and input on the design of self-serve dashboards/tools, and ensuring timely delivery of monthly and quarterly metrics for executive reporting. This role will also be working, in conjunction with other Customer Analytic team members, with our offshore supplier in India to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reporting.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as a first-level liaison servicing all key analytic requests (such as ad-hoc analysis, trends, resolving report discrepancies) as well as required cadence of reporting for specified initiatives.
- Coordinate the development of project rationale. This includes establishing problem definition and determining feasibility in conjunction with Hub team members.
- Log and track project activity in Service Now, coordinating prioritization with other Spokes and Hub Lead.
- Support, guide and train the Honors team members for self-service needs.
- Collaborate across other Analytic and DNA teams (Product, Data Strategy and Governance, Business Intelligence, Innovation, Training, PMO) to capture requirements for reports and dashboards, provide feedback on User Acceptance Testing, and identify areas for improved efficiencies/innovation.
- Monitor the changing needs of the business in order to adapt your future work (Capabilities, Dashboards), keeping Product and BI teams informed.
- Communicate functional insights and analysis results to partners through reports and presentations, serving as the SME (Authority.)
- Provide concept leadership to key partners regarding new ways or analytic tools that could inform business goals.
- Serve as final sign-off on prioritization of ad-hoc reports to be automated and standardized.
- Serve as a trusted advisor within DNA, advocating for the CELP organization and Honors members.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starters, who take initiative in handling goals, utilizing analytical skills and possessing flexibility to change
- Strong communicators, influencers and solution-seekers, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Organizers, who have superb attention to detail and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Accountable individuals, who make great use of time management to handle multiple priorities, work well under time constraints and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Collaborative teammates, with a real passion for building positive relationships through teamwork, exhibit tact and earn trust
- A high level of accountability and commitment to solving problems through critical thinking
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of experience leading reporting
- One (1) year of experience driving business case development, including quantitative and qualitative analyses, and storytelling
- Functional in SQL
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience in Customer/Member trends in either Hospitality, Retail or other service industry
- Some travel between McLean and Dallas may be required for team summits, partner meetings or training. Travel to other locations could occasionally be needed.
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- One (1) year in report and dashboard design and development
- Proficiency with engaging audiences
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and statistical skills
- Deep functional experience in Loyalty program analysis
- Expertise with BI tools (including Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Strong ‘Value Realization’ skills, including understanding the financial implications of initiating or foregoing a project, and the proficiency to summarize and quantify
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!