posted September 13, 2019Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe
Teaneck Marriott is looking for a courteous, customer service driven, happy, energetic, ambitious, inspired, ego-free, and ‘open for business’ type associate to join our growing hospitality team! If you think you are ready for the exciting world of hospitality then Teaneck Marriott is for you!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to apply directly through our website by following the link below:
The Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing will support the Director of Sales and Marketing in the management, coordination and execution of items related to the sales operation of the Teaneck Marriott, Hampton Inn & Suites Teaneck, and Homewood Suites Teaneck. White Lodging is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, hands-on professional with a passion to motivate others and a willingness to personally demonstrate a successful method of selling beyond goals and expectations. Will be responsible for, but not limited to, driving the property’s group sales, business transient and catering efforts, supervising sales managers, booking rooms, completing and submitting business plans, action plans, and other reports on a timely basis.
• Prospect, manage and solicit group, transient and special corporate markets, negotiate and contract business as outlined by individual sales goals.
• Develop target lists and action plans for account solicitation. Assist in assignment and distribution of leads. Provide guidance in prospecting and qualifying potential leads. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
• Interview, hire, train, and supervise sales staff through account review, correspondence review and coaching toward improvement, recommend performance evaluations discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff, resolve problems and provide open communication. Team building, selecting talent, training, mentoring and developing a sales team and achieving goals.
• Manage the sales effort, to include lead generation, negotiation, closing techniques, executing and exceeding weekly sales call goals, tele-prospecting calls, hotel site tour and cold call goals, forecasting, budgeting and yield management to exceed top line goals.
• Ability to manage time, resources, and personnel effectively and productively, strong knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors in designated geographic market.
• Computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and CI/TY.
• Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
• Professional and effective written and oral communication and excellent customer service skills.
• Candidates should possess a 4-year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or contain equivalent hotel experience including 5+ years of sales experience in similar sized operation.
Our Hotel in Teaneck NJ features stylishly updated guest rooms, dedicated concierge floors, the M Club, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, as well as an experienced sales and events team to plan and execute flawless meetings and events. Featuring 26,500 sq ft of event space, our hotel in Teaneck serves as an ideal meeting facility and wedding venue. Perfect for getaways, business meetings and lavish social events, Marriott Teaneck offers updated guest rooms and luxury suites with all the comforts of home. The ideal spot amongst hotels in Teaneck for sporting events at MetLife Stadium, the Marriott at Glenpointe is just minutes away from all the action. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner with stylish accommodations and a health club and spa, make Teaneck Marriott the ideal choice for a hotel in Bergen County.
The Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe is managed by White Lodging. In 1985, White Lodging started as a one-hotel company in Northwest Indiana. Today, the company is one of the hospitality industry leaders, combining development, ownership and management into one continuously growing package with 168 premium-branded, select and full service hotels in 21 states along with more than 30 restaurants, totaling nearly $1 billion in revenue. Our nearly 9,000 associates strive to maximize the value of every asset, guided by our core values of growth, accountability, ethics, impact, reliability and genuine care.
To become the most desired and highly valued developer, owner and manager of leading brand full and select service hotels in the United States.