posted September 15, 2019The Graham Washington DC Georgetown, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
The position assists with the functions of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, Taxes, and Internal Controls. In some instances is responsible for the daily operation of an area (Credit Manager, F&B Controls, Accounts Receivable). Responsible and encouraged to make recommendations, suggest financial control changes and report SOP and procedural violations.
1. Train, direct the work, resolve problems and assist with the hiring and performance and salary reviews of the accounting employees. (15%)
2. Prepare, review and reconcile daily postings, accruals, various general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure accurate financial information is available. (15%)
3. Compile, prepare, back-up and analyze various financial reports and statements to provide accurate, timely information to management, corporate and the owners. (10%)
4. Compile, prepare, back-up and analyze period-end data on food and beverage costs and inventories (gift shop where applicable) to provide information and recommendations to management on current procedures and controls. Assist with the preparation of cost potentials as required. (10%)
5. May supervise the accounts receivable function and perform the hotel's credit/collection and food & beverage control function to ensure accurate, timely and quality service and support to hotel customers and management. (20%)
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
1075 Thomas Jefferson Street NW
Washington, DC 20007
57 Room Hotel
Welcome to The Graham, where cultured sophistication meets modern luxury in one of the most refined residential hotels in Georgetown DC. Named after famous Georgetown resident Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone, our Georgetown hotel draws inspiration from Bell’s inventiveness and consummate poise, offering a mix of innovative style and gracious service that fit naturally with the spirit of the neighborhood.
Nestled along the banks of the Potomac River, The Graham sits in the heart of DC’s most affluent and historic area. Our central Georgetown location makes it easy to walk around this intimate neighborhood, home to important landmarks and historic estates, prestigious universities, and numerous independent shops and restaurants. Georgetown University, George Washington University, Washington Harbour, the Kennedy Center, and the National Cathedral are all located nearby, and the area itself is within close proximity to downtown Washington D.C.
When the day is over, guests can retreat to one of our Georgetown hotel’s 57 guestroom and suites, stylish and spacious with luxurious residential comforts and amenities designed for the discerning guest, including complimentary Wi-fi and a 24-hour fitness center. We invite our guests to experience our new craft cocktail cellar and small-plate dining concept The Alex, and afterwards head up to The Observatory, The Graham’s open air rooftop bar and lounge, to take in one of the most stunning views of our nation’s capital—martini and cigar in hand, of course.