posted September 14, 2019Horseshoe Bay Resort
The Bartender is to mix and serve alcoholic beverages using proper service execution, in accordance to the law.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Possess specific knowledge of house wines, beer and liquor selections, up selling where applicable; possess thorough menu knowledge.
• Taking a guest order you are required to perform direct communication with the client; along with proper service execution.
• Adhere to strict drink recipe portion, in regards to law, sanitation, and service excellence represent these standards.
• Requisition liquor and supplies needed; par list must be kept.
• Daily exchange of information is imperative between the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager, as well as line level associates.
• Pre-shifts with fellow staff and management.
• Complete daily shift operation report.
• Arrange bar with supplies and condiments to specifications.
• Arrange bottles and glasses to specification.
• Execution of steps of service and company standards.
• Follow labor schedule and work assignments.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• TABC and Safe-serve certified required, or ability to obtain within 14 days of employment.
• 2 years previous bartender experience.
• Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English.
• Requires problem solving abilities.
• Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Impeccable standards of appearance.
• Previous experience in a Resort setting is preferred.
• Maintains proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.