posted September 14, 2019Horseshoe Bay Resort
Perform maintenance and repairs to Pools and Jacuzzi’s by keeping the chemical levels correctly maintained and ensure water clarity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure safe and efficient operation of the swimming pools and Jacuzzi’s.
• Pools are vacuumed on a regular schedule and back wash.
• Pump Room is serviced and maintained including pumps, filters and controllers.
• Safety Issues are identified and addressed including facility appearance and cleanliness is maintained.
• Storage and handling of pool chemicals properly.
• Maintain pool and Jacuzzi logs in all shifts daily.
• Monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
• Working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
• Other duties pertaining to energy conservation, tools and equipment maintenance, emergency response methods, accident prevention and safety, record keeping and tracking, and other general Engineering Department duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with emphasis in Technical Trades.
• Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and satisfactory MVR for insurance purposes.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and information (i.e., Lockout Tagout, MSDS). Ability to write routine reports, keep logs and correspondence.
• Maintain professional composure in high stress situations in order to make last-minute changes, especially communicating both verbally and in writing with other departments.
• Ability to work alone without supervision.
• High School or post high-school Certificate with emphasis in Technical Trades preferred.
• Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and clear driving record.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English.
• Must be able to interact with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.