posted September 15, 2019Vespera on Ocean- Autograph Collection Hotel
Vespera on Ocean is a brand-new hotel within Marriott's Autograph Collection, located steps from the ocean and central boardwalk in scenic Pismo Beach, California. Vespera on Ocean will open to the public in Spring, 2019. At the heart of the Vespera on Ocean will be a full-service, three-meal, 200+ seat upscale restaurant, with a bar/lounge, patio with unobstructed ocean views, poolside dining, interior banquet space, and an event lawn for private functions. At the center of the restaurant is a custom-designed open kitchen.
We are currently in search of a talented and experienced Food & Beverage Manager to join our team at the Vespera on Ocean by Marriott in Pismo Beach, California.
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for directing and managing the overall food and beverage operation; building and inspiring a great team, delivering consistent, high-quality food, providing excellent guest service and driving results to maximize revenues, guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction and the overall operation goals.
As the Food and Beverage Manager, your duties will include:
• Overseeing multiple outlets; Room Service, the bar, restaurant, and seasonal poolside service.
• Hire, train, coach and supervise food and beverage team members for outlets
• Ensuring a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in team members and cleanliness of all food and beverage outlets
• Implementing effective control of food, beverage, and labor costs among all sub-departments
• Monitoring and assessing service and satisfaction trends, evaluating and addressing issues, and making improvements accordingly
• Analyzing, interpreting and acting on daily, monthly and annual financial reporting
• Submitting all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports in a timely manner
• Assisting in the development of menus for promotional and/or special events
• Maintaining effective communication, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
• Creating a positive environment in which all team members have the ability to maximize their potential
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with team members, guests, local community members, and vendors
If you’re an experienced, high energy hotel professional and a creative, innovative thinker, you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for. In addition, the ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• A minimum of 1-2 years of food and beverage management experience at a property of similar size and quality
• Extensive experience in restaurant bar, banquet, stewarding, kitchen, sales, catering and management required
• Ability to oversee multiple outlets
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and react to changes in volume and revenues
• Knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, labor management, and purchasing
• Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control
• Ability to analyze and solve problems in a timely manner, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision and work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends/holidays
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Ability to obtain any governmental required licenses or certificates (for example, Serve Safe certification or any other Food Handler’s permit required in the state, county, and/or city where employed)
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Multiple language abilities preferred. Fluency in English required and Spanish desired
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.