posted September 15, 2019Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York
Crescent Hotels & Resorts was built by operators for operators, and is more than just a portfolio of hotels. Crescent is part of an elite group of independent hotel management companies approved to operate flags under the major brand affiliations of Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt. Our portfolio of premier branded hotels and independents across the United States and Canada is comprised of properties in the resort, upper-upscale full-service, and luxury segments. We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Area Director of Revenue Management to oversee several hotels in the New York Region.
To maximize rooms revenue and yield penetration through proper management of rooms inventories and through analytical and technical knowledge of hotel reservation system for the New York City area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
• Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
• Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
• Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
• Provide forecasts of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
• Manage and oversee strategy for all third party distribution.
• Responsible for assessing, analyzing and pricing group business strategies.
• Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
• Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity.
• Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
• Work in liaison with hotel sales and departments as a team.
• Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts.
• Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business.
• Prepare outline, support, and participate in the annual revenue budget process.
• Advice and coach the client in other operational areas.
• Visit the hotels to get first-hand knowledge of all revenue management issues and other key areas.
• Any other reasonable requests made by management.
Hyatt brand experience required.
Two years' experience in hotel revenue management.
A strong command of both written and spoken English is required.
Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel.
Knowledgeable of hotel applications related to revenue management.
Proven ability to oversee revenue strategy for multiple properties.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Analytical and technical skill required.
Working knowledge of reservations, front office, and Microsoft Office Suite to take full advantage of the revenue opportunities.
Forecasting and creative revenue management abilities needed.
Yield management skill required to evaluate business trends and communicate to properties the recommendations needed to take full advantage of revenue maximization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Explore the Heart of Manhattan. Make yourself at home in our boutique hotel steps away from the towering Art Deco spire of the Empire State Building. Stay in the heart of the Big Apple at Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York, a short walk from Bryant Park, Grand Central Terminal, and the famed marble entrance of the New York Public Library.
The hotel is your starting point in the heart of New York City. Our staff of true locals can tell you how to find some of their favorite spots to explore.
Discover 162 elegant yet individual rooms in the bustling center of Midtown Manhattan. Book a city view room within Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York to gaze at the city’s iconic skyline, or stretch out in a deluxe room with a private terrace. After you’ve settled in, step outside to snap a photo of the iconic stone lions at the entrance of the New York Public Library, only a three-minute walk away.
Dress up and dine in at the Northern Italian restaurant inside Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York, where the kitchen crafts refined pasta and regional specialties. In the evening, head to our rooftop bar to take in views of the Empire State Building as you sip craft cocktails.