Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Manage all areas of the hotel in accordance with brand and operational standards to achieve superior guest service and product quality. Provide exemplary performance and leadership to associates.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation.
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests’ needs.
- Ensures all aspects of food & beverage operations meet or exceed brand and operational standards.
- Effectively manages hotel banquet and meeting event space to ensure guest satisfaction.
Marketing and Sales, Revenue Management
- Knows why competitors are successful in each demand segment and directly markets/sells against them.
- Coordinates advertising, public relations, and promotional programs.
- Knows key accounts and actively “sells” through sales calls, property tours, etc.
- Effectively collaborates with and leads sales team, including corporate and social events and meetings.
- Develop and implement hotel revengement management strategy, including all facets of pricing, demand analysis, yield management, and market segmentation.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted profit margin for hotel.
- Anticipates revenue/cost problems and manages the timing of discretionary expenditures to stabilize cash flow.
- Produces accurate, timely financial reports.
- Translates business plans into action and manages those actions toward the achievement of revenue and cost objectives.
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, coaching, performance planning and evaluation and pay/reward programs to maintain a qualified hotel team.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely way.
- Ensures training objectives and development plans are completed.
- Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
- Protects the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
- Coordinates capital projects within budget, on time, and with minimal disruption to the guests.
- Has outstanding property Quality Assurance evaluations.
- Regularly inspects rooms, building exterior, parking lot, etc. and leads maintenance team to implement cost effective and prudent solutions.
Safety and Security Management
- Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
- Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
- Recognizes and corrects potential security problems such as locking doors after hours, etc.
- Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others are trained in the same.
- Uses ongoing safety training to minimize worker’s compensation claims.
The ideal candidate for this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ year’s hotel management experience including outlet management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Marriott GM certification and prior Marriott experience highly preferred.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Paid Time off Programs
- Hotel Discounts