posted September 18, 2019Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard/Oak Brook
Operations leader in training! Great Opportunity for Career Growth in Hospitality!Front Desk Supervisor / Lead
This is a great Guest Service Leadership Opportunity for someone looking to move up in the hospitality industry, as well as gain experience in a hotel opening. The Front Desk Lead / Supervisor ensures that hotel guests receive hospitable and responsive service at check-in, during the stay, and upon departure, ensuring guest satisfaction and loyalty. The Lead or Supervisor schedules, trains and coaches Front Desk Team members in handling financial transactions accurately and in maintenance of required systems and records.
Core responsibilities include:
· Accurate and hospitable handling of guest reservation, check-in, check-out, payment, including credit card and cash handling procedures
· Proficient administration of the hotel's electronic reservation system
· Prompt, friendly response to guest requests or concerns with follow-up to ensure satisfaction
· Compliance with hotel safety programs and procedures, including emergency and security systems
· Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner
· Ensures that new team members receive training in appropriate brand standards and in hotel procedures
· Experience in accurate cash handling and credit cards
· Experience in maintaining security of confidential information, including guest registration and credit card information
· Ability to pass certification tests required to meet brand standards
· Experience working with a computer, including data entry
· Ability to work well with others
· Customer Focus, including experience in anticipating guest needs and responding pleasantly and professionally in a variety of settings and situations
· Listening skills to ensure accurate understanding of guest wishes
· Composure to work effectively under pressure and to address and resolve guest problems or concerns
· Approachability to encourage effective communication with guests and fellow team members
· Prior experience in Hotel front desk positions required, supervisory experience preferred.
Never settle for less than a stylish, uncomplicated travel experience at the Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard/Oak Brook. It begins with freshly renovated rooms and eases into The Gallery, an inviting social space where you can connect with Wi-Fi or chill out with a Starbucks latte. Enjoy fresh foods all day from the 24/7 Gallery Menu with flatbreads, salads and burgers. Welcome to a different place.