Foodie at heart and leads the team to excellent service! Beverage & Food Supervisor
AC Hotel by Marriott Washington DC Downtown
New Hotel Opening Q4 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join the opening team of the first AC Hotel in Washington D.C. The hotel is currently under construction and is slated to open in Q4 2019. The hotel is located at 1112 19th Street NW between L & M. It will feature 219 contemporary guest rooms, a lobby bar and restaurant with a sidewalk café in season, plus two rooftop meeting rooms and an outdoor patio totaling 2,000 SF of space.
Are you a passionate foodie who is not afraid of thinking outside the box? Then, we have the job for you! As the B&F Supervisor, you will assist the B&F Manager with the entire food and beverage operations – overseeing the 100 seat restaurant with lobby bar and 20 seat sidewalk patio in season. The position reports to the Beverage & Food Manager.
At AC Hotels, the emphasis is on “Beverage” while the menu consists mainly of light fare and tapas style dishes. We are looking for a leader who can assemble a first rate F&B team with talented bartenders, interesting beverage menu and create the signature “cocktail ritual” for this location. Our goal is to create a vibrant Happy Hour scene for the post-work crowd in our neighborhood.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Assist B&F Manager to supervise daily operations of dining room, bar and kitchen staff and small meeting room
- Assist B&F Manager to supervise the production, preparation of all foods for the hotel, including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Assist B&F Manager to oversee full operations of bar and maintain an accurate beer/wine/liquor inventory
- Assist B&F Manager to in menu development for quality and customer satisfaction, including new item development and seasonal offerings
- Food & supply purchases, cost management
- Staff selection and training
- Compliance with food safety, brand and company safety and service requirements, including maintenance / sanitation of all preparation and service areas to ensure presentation of quality, consistent food and beverages
- Implement changes as needed to attract new and return business and to ensure guest satisfaction
- Create unforgettable experiences for our guests.
- Ability to pass certification tests required to meet health department and brand standards
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer Focus, including experience in anticipating guest needs and responding pleasantly and professionally in a variety of settings and situations
- Listening skills to ensure accurate understanding of guest wishes
- Composure to work effectively under pressure and to address and resolve guest problems or concerns
- Ability to execute food and beverage events and direct staff strategically to ensure successful events.
- Approachability to encourage effective communication with guests and fellow team members
- Knowledge of basic audiovisual equipment and procedures helpful
- Ability to bend at waist and work on knees.
- Ability to reach overhead. Ability to clean and stock shelves.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds.
- Ability to see, hear, listen and speak
- Additional Requirements Schedule with varying days and hours of work
- Other duties as assigned by supervision