DescriptionRevenue Management Analyst
AC Hotel by Marriott Washington DC Downtown
New Hotel Opening Q4 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join the opening team of the first AC Hotel in Washington D.C. The hotel is currently under construction and is slated to open in Q4 2019. The hotel is located at 1112 19th Street NW between L & M. It will feature 219 contemporary guest rooms, a lobby bar and restaurant with a sidewalk café in season, plus two rooftop meeting rooms and an outdoor patio totaling 2,000 SF of space.
The Revenue Management Analyst will be part of a cohesive team responsible for maximizing the hotel’s topline financial performance. The RM Analyst conducts reporting and analysis of Revenue Management efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in preparing forecasts, tracking reports, project management, budgets and projections
- Analyze performance of various rate and revenue generating strategies utilizing proprietary and non-proprietary tools
- Analyze information from multiple sources, evaluating results to draw actionable business conclusions and recommendations for implementation
- Participate in weekly and long-range forecasting process, including sales strategy sessions for each open property
- Create reports, compiles information, and analyzes performance of portfolio performance versus industry metrics
- May manage room authorizations, rates and restrictions, in addition to ongoing sales and marketing programs
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including hotel Sales, Operations, eCommerce, and Revenue Management at regional, corporate and hotel locations.
- Strong technical and analytical skills to gather, analyze, organize & communicate financial and numerical information
- Experience in development of sales forecasts, tracking reports, project management, and/or budgets
- Understanding of statistical analysis concepts, including correlation, causation, and regression analysis
- Hotel-based experience in front desk operations, hospitality sales, marketing, or revenue management
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor's degree with major in business, marketing, communications or hospitality management preferred