About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities of aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create a great team environment, where the diversity of the individual members is valued. Be there for your team.
• Be passionately involved in the training and development of the team. It is our responsibility.
• Think of the hotel as if you owned it, and how your presence in the culinary department affects the entire guests’ experience.
• Understand and be the driver of the agreed culinary concepts, goals, philosophies and food and beverage directions.
• Create a seamless work environment with the leaders of food and beverage and synergize the team effort, remember we are one team.
• Take ownership and initiate problem solving opportunities. Follow up and hold yourself accountable at all times.
• Be open to suggestions and criticize your own work performance, be a leader and innovator in the industry.
• Cleanliness is to be immaculate, do not wait to clean; show examples and people will follow. Define your cleanliness standards.
• Find a way, be positive, utilize your experiences, and welcome challenging circumstances.
• Remember everything that you say or any interaction that you have with your team will be scrutinized and that it has a positive or negative effect on their lives.
• Highest standards of food product, sanitation, storage, and handling procedures
• Food product, presentation, and service standards
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and Required Skills:
• Fluent bilingual technical conversation vocabulary (English/Spanish) would be an asset.
• Ability to provide legible communication. Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and requisitions.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to respond to and creatively resolve guest inquiries or complaints.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
* Enliven the 1 Hotels sustainability culture by highlighting sustainable amenities and design features while engaging with guests, recommending nature inspired activities that promote health, wellness and #daylife and sustainable sourced food establishments that offer organic, local and/or seasonal food."
1 Hotel South Beach retreat is inspired by 600-feet of white sand beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.