posted September 21, 2019Horseshoe Bay Resort
Facilitate planning with corporate, social, HSB member, and internal clients to ensure customer satisfaction and optimized revenue for the Resort, focused mainly on Golf Events. Responsibilities include coordinating, planning, and communicating all details for group functions to appropriate resort departments, on-site management of events, and billing and follow-up post-event.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Management of booked Wedding and Golf and other Special Events in its entirety; from turn over from Sales Manager to final billing.
• Build menus, event set-up and service details to fit client’s taste and style.
• Coordinate function activities with management personnel, kitchen personnel, service personnel, recreational professionals, accounting personnel and outside vendors.
• Work with internal and external rental/production companies to assist clients with their décor needs.
• Collect and process event deposits/payments, ensuring client billing information is accurate.
• Maintain professional composure in high stress situations in order to make last-minute changes, and develop strong and concise written and oral communication with other departments.
• Possess a sense of urgency; 12-24 hour follow-up on all phone and email communications.
• Perform mail-out duties, such as thank you letters, comment letters, re-booking, reminders, etc.
• Attend food and event industry events and stay up-to-date on industry trends, and bring new ideas to the resort.
• Bachelors or Associates Degree with emphasis in Hospitality preferred; or 2-5 years of equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 2 years of Hotel/Resort Management or event industry.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Professional demeanor with superb communication skills; including verbal, telephone, and email.
• Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and confidentiality at all times.
• Access, input and retrieve information from the computer, with particular proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Delphi.
• Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and ability to follow-up on all details.
• Strong knowledge of food, wine, and spirits.
• Must have neat and pleasant overall appearance.
• Maintain proper Associate professional dress standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.