posted September 21, 20191 Hotel South Beach
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Responsible for the total operation of restaurant, including building sales and all other aspects of profit and loss, hiring/training of management and hourly team, daily execution of safety/sanitation, quality food preparation and guest service. This position reports to the Director of Outdoor Outlets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Minimum of 2 years full service restaurant experience as Restaurant Manager or Assistant General Manager level required.
• Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, food quality, and guest satisfaction.
• Bi-lingual preferred.
• State and local alcohol enforcement where applicable.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
• Passion for the business and compassion for people.
• Highly-energetic, self-motivated, goal oriented and dependable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and outstanding leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Must have extensive hands on food and beverage knowledge and experience including multiple outlets with P&L responsibilities.
• Strong leadership & organizational management skills.
• Having directly supervised and led a team of least 50 employees.
• Strong knowledge in restaurant financial knowledge; (P&L /Budget/Food & Labor Costs).
• Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate work assignments.
• Ability to direct performance of staff, motivate, maintain a cohesive team and follow up with corrections where needed.
• Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
• Must be able to effectively listen, understand, and clarify concerns raised by employees and guests in the proper manner.
• Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills.
• MS Office
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
• Serv Safe Certified
• Understanding of P&L and profit management
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
* Enliven the 1 Hotels sustainability culture by highlighting sustainable amenities and design features while engaging with guests, recommending nature inspired activities that promote health, wellness and #daylife and sustainable sourced food establishments that offer organic, local and/or seasonal food."
1 Hotel South Beach retreat is inspired by 600-feet of white sand beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.