White Lodging, one of the fastest growing hotel management companies in the country, operates more than 90 premium hotels, 30 restaurants and 20 brands in 20 states. We are currently seeking energetic, ambitious, customer service driven associates to join our growing hospitality team at our Teaneck
This is a highly visible and key role responsible for the successful set-up, service, and tear down of all Banquet events to include coffee breaks, 3-meal dining, and bar operations. This person is responsible for assisting the Banquet Captain in the successful ownership and operational execution of Banquet Functions and duties.
• Meets and exceeds customer expectations.
• Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
• Attends work on time as scheduled and adheres to attendance policy.
• The primary responsibility of the Banquet Server is to provide the highest quality of service at all times to guests.
• Must be able to read a BEO and know how to complete a setup.
• Sets tables in assigned area (or checks to see that they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks; clean unspotted glassware. Properly cleans and fills table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, bread baskets etc)
• Knows the menu for each function served and is able to knowledgeably explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
• Keeps station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrols assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures. Checks on the Guest.
• Serves food, coffee, water and other beverages to customers, refills beverages as needed.
• Receives customer order for any food or beverage that varies from the set menu.
• Refers complaints on food to service to the Banquet Manager.
• Performs all opening and closing side duties assigned. Cleans function room and back of house areas during and after banquet functions.
• Returns all reusable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
• Assists the Captain in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
• Sets up, serves and breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
• Assists Captain in setting up buffet and other special food services tables/stations.
• Greets and serves guests, following guidelines for “Aggressive Hospitality” and all other details of our policies and procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
• Follows all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a la carte and beverage orders.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to apply directly through our website by following the link below:
Our Hotel in Teaneck NJ features stylishly updated guest rooms, dedicated concierge floors, the M Club, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, as well as an experienced sales and events team to plan and execute flawless meetings and events. Featuring 26,500 sq ft of event space, our hotel in Teaneck serves as an ideal meeting facility and wedding venue. Perfect for getaways, business meetings and lavish social events, Marriott Teaneck offers updated guest rooms and luxury suites with all the comforts of home. The ideal spot amongst hotels in Teaneck for sporting events at MetLife Stadium, the Marriott at Glenpointe is just minutes away from all the action. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner with stylish accommodations and a health club and spa, make Teaneck Marriott the ideal choice for a hotel in Bergen County.
The Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe is managed by White Lodging. In 1985, White Lodging started as a one-hotel company in Northwest Indiana. Today, the company is one of the hospitality industry leaders, combining development, ownership and management into one continuously growing package with 168 premium-branded, select and full service hotels in 21 states along with more than 30 restaurants, totaling nearly $1 billion in revenue. Our nearly 9,000 associates strive to maximize the value of every asset, guided by our core values of growth, accountability, ethics, impact, reliability and genuine care.
To become the most desired and highly valued developer, owner and manager of leading brand full and select service hotels in the United States.