posted September 25, 2019Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Memphis East/Galleria
The Night Auditor is responsible for computing, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keeps accurate accounts of cash, checks, and credit transactions.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Makes daily deposits (as applicable).
• Verifies room charges and rates; verifies register has appropriate starting cash.
• Manages daily paperwork including occupancy report, guest list, cash drawer summary, balance sheet, account summary, history file, and housekeeping report.
• Submits reports to corporate office as appropriate.
• Performs duties of a Guest Service Agent.
• Performs and documents security walks on a regular basis.
• Implements proper procedures in emergency situations.
• Assists in setting up breakfast area as directed; replenishes breakfast items as needed.
• May be required to make management decisions in manager’s absence.
• Completes laundry as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Minimum of one to three months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Ability to multi-task; strong organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
8489 Highway 64
Memphis, TN 38133
62 Room Hotel
Our Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis hotel is like none other. Guests love our premier location next to the Wolfchase Galleria Mall and the ability to avoid the hassle of downtown parking and traffic. Dozens of great Memphis restaurants are within a few minutes' drive and many are within easy walking distance. Free WiFi is provided property wide and a free hot breakfast is served daily. Guests have access to our indoor heated pool, 24-hour business and fitness centers, and premium cable channels in every room. Convenient interstate access (I-40) allows guests to enjoy the sights and sounds of Memphis, including famed Beale Street, Graceland, Memphis Zoo, Cook Convention Center and the FedEx Forum. Corporate travelers have close proximity to the Daimler-Chrysler training facility, Olympus, and Brother International. In addition, St Jude's Hospital, FedEx Corporate headquarters, Mike Rose Soccer Complex and Medtronic are all nearby.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 30,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 800 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: