posted August 27, 2019Residence Inn by Marriott Sioux Falls
The Front Desk Supervisor coordinates the front office activities of the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
• Directly supervises or assists in the supervisory function of 1-5 front desk employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Provides training to front office staff as directed by Management.
• Assigns duties to Guest Service Agents and observes performance to ensure adherence to franchise standards, hotel policies and established operating procedures.
• Assists in scheduling front desk personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate staffing.
• Performs functions of Guest Service Agent as scheduled by Management.
• Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card payments, registration cards, and reservation cards.
• Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed.
• Answers inquires pertaining to hotel policies and services.
• Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence.
• Assists General Manager in conducting staff meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• One-year certificate from college or technical school and six months to one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Strong supervisory skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
Our pet-friendly hotel in Sioux Falls, SD offers spacious and comfortable suites with full kitchens at a fantastic location off of I-29 next to the Empire Mall and entertainment venue, The District. The Marriott hotel is a short commute to a number of area health systems including: Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center, Sanford USD Medical Center and the Sioux Falls VA Hospital. We are only minutes away from the Sioux Falls airport, Augustana College, Southeast Technical Institute & the University of Sioux Falls. Visitors will enjoy the local attractions which includes: Falls Park, Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls Arena, Orpheum Theater, Sioux Falls Convention Center & Sanford Pentagon.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 30,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 800 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: