posted August 27, 2019Residence Inn by Marriott Sioux Falls
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for taking reservations, greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints.
• Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy.
• Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift.
• Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and travel directions.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager.
• Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls.
• Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log.
• May assist in replenishing continental breakfast as needed and keeping breakfast area clean.
• Ensures common area/lobby is clean.
• Performs laundry functions as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of one to three months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Our pet-friendly hotel in Sioux Falls, SD offers spacious and comfortable suites with full kitchens at a fantastic location off of I-29 next to the Empire Mall and entertainment venue, The District. The Marriott hotel is a short commute to a number of area health systems including: Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center, Sanford USD Medical Center and the Sioux Falls VA Hospital. We are only minutes away from the Sioux Falls airport, Augustana College, Southeast Technical Institute & the University of Sioux Falls. Visitors will enjoy the local attractions which includes: Falls Park, Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls Arena, Orpheum Theater, Sioux Falls Convention Center & Sanford Pentagon.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 30,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 800 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: