posted October 26, 2019SpringHill Suites by Marriott Houston Brookhollow
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for directing the housekeeping program of the hotel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of guest rooms and common areas.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the work activities of housekeeping staff under the direction of the General Manager.
• Provides limited supervision to housekeeping staff consisting of 1 – 10 employees.
• Provides training including safety and standard operating procedures to all housekeeping personnel as directed by management.
• Ensures adherence to company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleans.
• Distributes keys and work assignments to staff.
• Addresses guest complaints regarding housekeeping services or equipment.
• Assists General Manager in the selection of housekeeping personnel.
• Assists management staff in assuring housekeeping staff is practicing efficient and effective procedures.
• Monitors linen and guest supply inventory.
• Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log.
• Completes follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms.
• Assumes functions of Housekeeper as necessary.
• Takes control of lost and found items as appropriate.
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to appropriately assign/delegate work to others in the accomplishment of goals. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
We offer a host of excellent hotel amenities to keep visitors connected and productive here in northwest Houston. Guests enjoy free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel, and wake up every morning to a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. All of our suites offer separate working, sleeping, and eating areas. Rooms also feature a flat-screen LCD TV, as well as a microwave and mini-refrigerator, to satisfy Texas-sized cravings, any time of day. Guests can take a dip in our indoor pool, or challenge themselves with a workout in the 24-hour fitness center. Perhaps best of all, our hotel location in the NW Houston Brookhollow area offers easy access to all of the best parts of the city including downtown, the Museum District, shopping at the Galleria, events at NRG Stadium, a visit to the Houston Zoo & more.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 30,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 800 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: