posted September 26, 2019SpringHill Suites by Marriott Philadelphia Langhorne
Our SpringHill Suites by Marriott is seeking an entry level Operations Manager to join the team in Langhorne, PA! Join the team and grow your management career!
The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of hotel staff, specifically the housekeeping department as directed and provides support to the General Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
• Works with and ensures compliance with all guidelines for operations, including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and food service.
• Conducts monthly department meetings to review new procedures and solicit input from all team members.
• Handles and provides resolution to guest complaints and team member issues.
• Assigns duties to team members and subordinates and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel and franchise policies and established operating procedures.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
• Ensures property hiring practices comply with all state and federal requirements.
• Performs functions of the General Manager in his or her absence.
• Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
• Directly supervises staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree preferred and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver’s license required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Strong management skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of team members; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
• Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
200 North Buckstown Drive
Langhorne, PA 19047
91 Room All Suite
Located just next door to Sesame Place, we're a connected walkway to the park and near Oxford Valley Mall. It's easy to explore the Langhorne area or take a day trip to nearby Trenton, NJ; Philadelphia or Newtown, PA. Unlike other hotels in Langhorne, our stylish and smartly designed suites are 25% larger than average, giving travelers room to succeed. Our rooms are cleverly divided into spaces for recharging, relaxing and connecting. Each room contains a pullout sofa with comfortable, flexible seating. Great extras add to a sense of home, like plush bedding and complimentary WiFi. Guests can start the day at our free hot and healthy breakfast buffet, exercise in the fitness room or take a dip in our indoor pool. Our onsite meeting space features ample seating for small business groups complete with ergonomics chairs and plenty of natural light.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 30,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 800 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: