Horseshoe Bay Resort, a 4-Diamond luxury lake and golf resort outside of Austin in the Texas Hill Country, is looking for a dynamic and engaging Executive Chef to lead our unique Culinary offerings. Help us tell the Culinary story through your exceptional cuisine and hands-on leadership in a $20M F & B operation. Home to over 80,000 square feet of indoor and spectacular outdoor meeting space, HSBR features a diverse line up of F & B experiences, from our own Food Truck to our special occasion upscale white tablecloth restaurant. And, we are opening a 270-seat Member Clubhouse Restaurant, Pool Bar and Grill, and special event center in 2020!
If you have the innovative Culinary chops and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach, then let's talk! Your vision, passion and expertise are essential to leading a strong Culinary team and propelling Horseshoe Bay Resort into the national spotlight of top luxury golf resorts. Oversee all food preparation areas including Banquets, Room Service, Restaurants, Bar & Grills and Associate Cafeteria. Work well with management teams to build and successfully execute all kitchen operations. Always strive to improve guest and associate satisfaction, and maximize the financial performance of the operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• High school diploma or GED; and at least 6 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area. OR
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; and 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• Previous resort experience with management oversight of multiple outlets is preferred.
• Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
• Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.