posted September 27, 2019DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
Crescent Hotels and Resorts is The Employer of Choice and Team Crescent is the award winning management company with an extremely robust portfolio in North America. With a deep history of hiring and supporting highly accomplished individuals, we operate a very positive and attractive company which has consistently ranked Crescent Hotels as a front runner in hotel management. We offer an extremely robust career path, benefits and investment in our associates.
JOB OVERVIEW: Maximize rooms revenue and yield penetration through proper management of rooms inventory and application of analytical and technical knowledge of the competitive market, hotel reservation system and front office system.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Update, process, generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports and enter data into various systems, including Excel.
2. Develop new reports, as needed, to assist in preparation for the revenue management meetings or data analysis. Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels. Analyze and present accurate picture of trends, demand and market conditions.
3. Accurately prepare and distribute daily and weekly occupancy forecasts.
4. Maintain and enter accurate rate and demand information in various systems.
5. Build and manage special rate plans (SRPs) in OnQ Rate & Inventory (OnQ R&I) according to established revenue management guidelines for group bookings upon receipt of recaps from Sales Managers.
6. Create and manage group masters for newly created SRPs in OnQ Property Management System (OnQ PMS), set up billing methods & charge routing controls, & pre-authorize credit card guarantee prior to group arrivals.
7. Monitor group cut-off dates. As cut-off dates are approached, alert DRM & sales managers if group reservations are missing.
8. Perform 14-day window audit of blocked inventory in OnQ R&I ensuring all unused blocked inventory has been released.
9. Monitor group pick up through OnQ R&I and OnQ Revenue Management System (OnQ RMS) reports. Alert DOSM & sales managers of low pick-up groups with impending cut-off dates, as well as groups trending to exceed block. Monitor group inventory in OnQ R&I & ensure sell-through room type availability.
10. Lead the weekly Group Pick Up Meeting.
11. Assist DOS to catch & resolve group forecast discrepancies by balancing OnQ R&I and the sales system weekly. Alert DOSM & sales managers if any recaps are missing for definite groups in Delphi, which means they are missing in OnQ R&I.
12. Manage group MARs in the sales system.
13. Managing the rolling 52-week inventory in OnQ R&I.
14. Monitor and analyze the competition daily and weekly to identify selling strategies and market trends. Alert GM to emerging trends.
15. Support hotel on revenue stream and generating positive index against competing hotels in the marketplace.
16. Understand the competition and make recommendations to help the hotel management team respond accordingly.
17. Make multiple-room reservations that do not qualify as groups & other reservations routed by the sales managers, catering and front office departments within the established guidelines.
18. Process on-property transient reservation for VIP guests, preferred account clients, etc., as directed by the GM & DOS
19. Support Reservations Agent in making reservations for contract-based business (ie: crew, wholesale, FIT).
20. Fully understand hotel product and operations processes.
21. Interact effectively with colleagues and hotel guests.
22. Provide administrative support for the Revenue Department.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even-tempered disposition. Must maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Analytical and technical skill required. Preferred that you have working knowledge of all Hilton systems including front office systems and Microsoft Office Suite to take full advantage of the revenue opportunities. Forecasting and creative revenue management abilities needed. Yield management skill required to evaluate business trends and communicate recommendations to property team to take full advantage of revenue maximization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
We're the ideal place to stay pre or post-cruise from Cape Liberty Cruise Port – just 7 miles from the hotel. Plan your trip to the port with ease by stopping by the travel desk in our lobby. Delight in a warm, freshly baked chocolate chip cookie when you arrive in our bright and spacious atrium. Enjoy free WiFi in all our public spaces, or upgrade to WiFi in your room for a fee.
Our hotel offers an exclusive, newly renovated Executive Lounge. Choose an executive level room on the 12th floor for access to our exclusive Executive Lounge, which offers continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres.
Swim laps in the newly renovated pool or work out in our state of art, newly renovated 24-hour fitness center featuring weights and modern cardio machines. Use our fully-equipped business center with a printer, photocopy machine and more. We offer over 18,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space for up to 900 guests.