We are currently looking for a Market Sales Manager, who will be responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementing sales and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction, and meeting and exceeding forecasted and budgeted revenue goals.
As Market Sales Manager, you will
• Coordinate and participate in target market trade shows and sales blitzes.
• Manage group and transient accounts to maximize business potential
• Negotiate group and transient business and contracts that meet or exceed hotel revenue goals
• Negotiate contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
• Make on-site and field presentations to prospective clients
• Building of new and existing relationships, and soliciting new accounts
• Actively pursue new clients through creative/innovative sales techniques and aggressive prospecting
• Prospect and qualify all lead sources through cold calls, tele-prospecting and networking to generate new opportunities
• Drive strategies to develop long term business relationships and repeat business
• Enthusiastically and proactively sale the Hotel concept to group and catering prospects
• Coordinate and participate in tradeshows, sales blitzes, make on-site field presentations, and outside sales calls to prospective clients
Candidates should have the ability to self-motivate, be a strong team player, and be willing to learn. Excellent relationship-building and negotiating skills, exceptional follow-through, strong organizational skills and strong time-management skills are required.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Newly Renovated Lobby, Meeting space and brand New Restaurant 'Woodward's'. Travelers will experience Comfort, convenience and contemporary style at the Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac. Located right off of highway I-75, our hotel provides easy access to a plethora of dynamic destinations. Visitors can spend the day making memories at Auburn Hills, Detroit Zoo, M1 Concourse, Bloomfield Hills and Somerset Mall, or take care of business while enjoying convenience to Volkswagen, GM Powertrain and Chrysler Headquarters. After adventures are done, guests can retreat to our upscale rooms and suites. They can lounge on our pillow top mattresses as their view their favorite shows on our new 50' flat-panel TVs. Satisfy cravings by ordering room service, or visit our newly-renovated Woodward's Restaurant and Lounge for breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, and hors d'oeuvres.