Aimbridge Hospitality is looking for a Sales Manager to join the team in Bismarck, ND to sell for our four Marriott hotels. Join our growing team and the largest hospitality management company in the nation!
The Market Sales Manager will work in conjunction with the Director of Market Sales to achieve the hotel’s revenue and market share goals for two or more properties. This position will solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business in the assigned market segment.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Solicit and servicing new and existing assigned accounts
• Conducts a required amount of sales activities including telemarketing, cold calls, e-mailing and prospecting.
• Schedule and completes sales appointments
• Organizes, maintains, and tracks sales data
• Participates, as needed, in Revenue Management strategies with DOMS and GM
• Other responsibilities include building solid business relationships with local companies, creating innovative means for attracting and retaining groups and meeting room opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• One-year certificate from college or technical school and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver’s license required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlooks, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers/potential customers.
• Ability to interpret and anticipate customers’ needs.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
The Residence Inn by Marriott hotel in Bismarck, ND is conveniently located minutes from the offices of MDU Resources, Aetna/US Healthcare, Basin Electric, UniSys, and the State Capitol. Additionally located within minutes from the hotel, Bismarck State College, St. Alexius Medical Center, and Sanford Medical Center. At the end of a long day, guests can take advantage of all the comforts of home in any of our newly built studios, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suites, equipped with full kitchens, free WiFi, LCD TV’s, and access to our indoor saltwater swimming pool and hot tub spa. Guests can start their day off with a free hot breakfast and enjoy the Residence Inn Mix social hour every Monday-Wednesday with wine, beer, food, and conversation.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 60,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: