The Guest Service Agent is responsible for taking reservations, greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints.
• Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy.
• Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift.
• Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and travel directions.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager.
• Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls.
• Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log.
• May assist in replenishing continental breakfast as needed and keeping breakfast area clean.
• Ensures common area/lobby is clean.
• Performs laundry functions as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of one to three months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Our spacious suites were designed with both business and leisure travelers in mind. Guests can choose from a studio or multiple bedroom suite and take advantage of our free WiFi, fully furnished kitchens, a separate living and work space, complimentary amenities and grocery service. Every morning guests can enjoy a hot breakfast buffet and on Monday through Wednesday join us for the Residence Inn Mix evening social. Business travelers will delight in our location near Kimberly Clark, General Dynamics/Gulfstream and Miller Electric. For those with some free time, we suggest exploring everything Appleton has to offer like the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, Appleton’s Children Museum, Barlow Planetarium and Funset Boulevard. Our convenient location places guests minutes from the Fox Cities Stadium, home of the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, and just a short drive from the Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 30,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 800 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: