The Guest Service Agent is responsible for taking reservations, greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints.
• Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy.
• Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift.
• Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and travel directions.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager.
• Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls.
• Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log.
• May assist in replenishing continental breakfast as needed and keeping breakfast area clean.
• Ensures common area/lobby is clean.
• Performs laundry functions as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of one to three months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
The Residence Inn Canton is the ideal extended stay hotel in Canton, Ohio. Located off of I-77 and just minutes from Belden Village Mall, our central location provides guests with easy access to all area attractions. Whether travelers are staying for business or leisure, guests will be a short distance from the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Gervasi Vineyard, the Fannie May Chocolate Factory, and area businesses including Marathon Oil, Diebold Inc. and Timken Co. The Akron-Canton Airport is less than 10 minutes from our Canton, OH hotel. Stark State College & Kent State University at Stark are only a few miles away. Our hotel by Marriott has modern amenities which allow guests to have the comfort of home while away. Each suite has separate living and sleeping areas, a fully-equipped kitchen and free wireless internet to stay connected. Each morning we offer a complimentary hot breakfast, and we invite our guests to relax in our indoor heated pool, or on our outdoor patio.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 60,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: