posted October 3, 2019Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Longmont
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in ensuring clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of guest rooms and common areas of the hotel.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises or assists Executive Housekeeper in directing the work activities of housekeeping staff.
• Supervises housekeeping staff consisting of 1-10 employees.
• Provides training (including safety training) to all housekeeping personnel as directed by management.
• Ensures adherence to company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleans.
• Distributes keys and work assignments to staff.
• Addresses guest complaints regarding housekeeping services or equipment.
• Completes inventory of supplies and equipment as directed.
• Assists Executive Housekeeper in the selection of Housekeeping personnel.
• Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log.
• Completes follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms.
• Assumes functions of Housekeeper as necessary.
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to appropriately assign/delegate work to others in the accomplishment of goals. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Our comfortable, well-appointed hotel is located minutes from shopping & dining at Village at the Peaks. Guests can relax and recharge, knowing that we have amenities that they need and expect. Guests enjoy free high-speed WiFi throughout the hotel, as well as a complimentary breakfast featuring choices like scrambled eggs and sausage, plus healthy choices like yogurt and fresh fruit. Estes Park is a short commute away, travelers can test their adventurous side with Mile-Hi Skydiving 3 miles from our location, or explore nearby Sandstone Ranch. Our indoor pool is relaxing in any weather, and our fitness center helps keep guests energized while on the go. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites Boulder Longmont, out guests are our #1 priority.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 30,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 800 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: