posted October 3, 2019Residence Inn by Marriott Denver North/Westminster
The Front Desk Supervisor coordinates the front office activities of the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
• Directly supervises or assists in the supervisory function of 1-5 front desk employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Provides training to front office staff as directed by Management.
• Assigns duties to Guest Service Agents and observes performance to ensure adherence to franchise standards, hotel policies and established operating procedures.
• Assists in scheduling front desk personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate staffing.
• Performs functions of Guest Service Agent as scheduled by Management.
• Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card payments, registration cards, and reservation cards.
• Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed.
• Answers inquires pertaining to hotel policies and services.
• Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence.
• Assists General Manager in conducting staff meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• One-year certificate from college or technical school and six months to one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Strong supervisory skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
5010 West 88th Place
Westminster, CO 80031
94 Room Extended Stay
Our Residence Inn Denver North/Westminster by Marriott is the premiere hotel in Westminster for those seeking an extended stay in an unbeatable location. This Westminster hotel is settled just minutes from major area businesses including Ball Corporation and Lockheed Martin. Guests will also enjoy easy access to the surrounding hiking and skiing areas. Additionally, we are convenient to Regis University and Colorado University. At our Residence Inn Westminster, each smartly-designed and modern suite features a fully-equipped kitchen, separate living room, king-sized bed, and free wireless internet. When travelers decide to book at our extended stay hotel in Westminster, they will be treated with our free, deluxe breakfast each morning with a variety of options. Guests can enjoy a social hour every Monday - Wednesday at our Residence Inn Mix.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 30,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 800 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: