posted February 1, 2020Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Manchester
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to enhance the duties of the General Manager and implements and maintains guest appreciation for all groups.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicates with General Manager regarding daily activities and leads; strategizes with General Manager in developing a sales plan.
• Administers inside direct sales and strategies and communicates leads to General Manager.
• Assists in coordinating blitzes including communication with new prospects.
• Participates in cold calls with General Manager each week.
• Coordinates group events; greets all groups and individual tours, places welcome baskets in group contacts’ room upon arrival and addresses final items with the group upon departure.
• Facilitates the “guest of the day” program.
• Sets up, maintains, and clears meeting room during and after events.
• Coordinates catering events and communicates with kitchen staff.
• Maintains all sales files and trace file system.
• Covers shifts in front office areas as scheduled by the General Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlooks, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers/potential customers.
• Ability to interpret and anticipate customers’ needs.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Guests can stay in a spacious suite with a fully equipped kitchen—or walk over to Buckland Hills restaurants and shops. Free WiFi helps guests find attractions around Hartford, just 15 minutes away. In the morning, we invite our guests to fuel up with free hot breakfast before heading out to Six Flags New England for the day. When they get back, guests can check out our complimentary evening social Monday – Thursday.
At Aimbridge Hospitality, bigger really is better! Now is a great time to join Aimbridge, the largest hotel management company in North America. Currently with approximately 60,000 Associates and a diverse portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels and resorts, we are continuing to grow and expand! Scale means opportunity, and here’s what that looks like at Aimbridge: