The position involves high guest contact and presents the first point of contact for all of our guests. The Night Auditor is responsible for assisting guests with check-in and check-out, answers and processes all phone calls received, and handles all special requests for services or information, in accordance with standard policies and procedures. Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Work to resolve guest challenges, ensuring guest satisfaction. Responsible for the auditing of all charges and postings and correcting work as required. The Night Auditor reconciles daily activity and closes all accounts in preparation for the new day. All information will be processed and formatted into daily reports and distributed as the morning reports.
This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
• Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel systems is preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a Guest Service Agent is preferred.
• Previous cash handling experience is preferred.
• Prefer Previous experience in a similar position in a hotel
• Good understanding of the English language.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 25 pounds.
• Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 100 pounds.
• Work environment – front office, and all areas of the hotel. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
• Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
• Be in proper uniform, with name tag.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Work to resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Communicate effectively with guests as well as team members
• Maintain knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures and scheduled daily group activities.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
• Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Verify guest information upon arrival and departure
• Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
• Maintain and secure a cash bank to perform job functions.
• Obtain method of payment from guests (credit or cash)
• Process all payments according to established hotel requirements, and Commonwealth Lodging Management cash handling S.O.P.’s
• Maintain all guest information and hotel occupancy status using hotel operating systems
• Process adjustments, rebates, paid outs and credits as required.
• Post and audit Banquet charges.
• Reconcile telephone calls and miscellaneous accounts.
• Audit all miscellaneous charges. (Banquets, Bars etc.)
• Verifies package postings on house accounts.
• Run end of day program and close day.
• Check that interfaces are up and running.
• Run morning reports and backup reports and distribute accordingly.
• Print express check out folios and distribute.
• Review Night Audit checklist and verify that all work has been completed.
• Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
• Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. Must act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status.
• Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Commonwealth Lodging Management and hotel policies and procedures. As well as the brand standards, policies and procedures.
• This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.