Exciting opportunity at an award wining lifestyle hotel and restaurant!
Pivot Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most successful independent hotel management companies in the industry. The combined experience of our team represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making Pivot a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering hospitality where details matter, apply today to join our team!
The Private Dining Sales Manager is responsible for selling and servicing events for in-house groups as well as outside clients. The primary focus is to sell our private dining spaces including food and beverage with other responsibilities including menu planning, agenda setting and hotel meeting services. Other duties will include reviewing contracts and facilitating communication before, during and post event with hotel staff to ensure a high level of service. The Private Dining Sales Manager will also contribute to site inspections, maintaining strong customer relationships and working as a team member with the sales staff. Lucrative incentive plan and competitive salary offered!
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: 2 to 3 years experience directly related to restaurant, hotel, or catering events. Strong communications (telephone and in person).
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ years of hotel or F&B sales experience.
• 1 year food and beverage experience.
• Strong understanding of negotiation and interpretation of contracts.
• Developed business communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Understanding/knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Confident and professional appearance.
• Proactive sales approach, assertive and fast paced, driven to succeed.
• Understanding of market segment, competitor’s strengths, weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand.
• Time management skills. Being able to work on multiple projects with desired outcome for each.
• Creativity in designing events.
EOE/AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Pivot Hotels & Resorts is a drug free workplace.
Surrounded by historic homes, lush tree-lined streets and designer boutiques with beautiful Lake Michigan just steps away, Thompson Chicago provides the ideal location to feel connected to the city we call home. The floor-to-ceiling windows in the 247 rooms and suites offer a unique vantage point to take it all in. While the jewel-toned velvet furniture accented with a color palette of muted gray and tan impart a soothing and stylish aesthetic to each of our rooms.