This is the job description for CONTROLLER
Job Title: Controller
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: General Manager
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To keep records of financial transactions for organization using calculator and computer.
1. Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files
from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
2. Summarize details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
3. Reconcile and balance accounts.
4. May compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and
receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
5. May calculate employee wages from records or time cards and prepare checks for payment of wages.
6. May prepare withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports. May compute, type, and mail monthly
statements to customers. May complete records to, or through, trial balance.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Compute and record numbers correctly.
2. Follow procedures for keeping records.
3. Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures in books and forms, or to operate a calculator
or personal computer.
4. Perform work that is routine and detailed.
5. Read and copy large quantities of numbers without error.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
Experience Minimum 2 years experience as a bookkeeping clerk with some supervisory responsibilities and 2 years experience in the accounting field; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Dimension Development Company
If you possess a commitment to excellence and the drive to make a positive difference in everything you do --- then we would like to talk with you! Our company believes in empowering our hotel management with the tools and resources necessary to achieve success for our owners, associates and 100% satisfaction for our guests.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
Hospitality professionals seeking a opportunities for promotion, a reputable employer, work-life balance and training & development are invited to apply today!
Escape from the ordinary in Southern California to our newly decorated luxury hotel—Hyatt Regency Westlake, located minutes from the scenic beaches of Malibu, California. With a unique combination of outstanding business facilities and a resort-like atmosphere, our Mediterranean-style hotel is an oasis of sophistication in the Westlake Village business complex in Thousand Oaks. Designed for the modern traveler, our Westlake Village hotel offers inviting spaces where you can think, and places to get away and relax.
Careers at this hotel: Hyatt Regency Westlake