The Host-Hostess is responsible for coordinating the serving of breakfast and maintains cleanliness and inventory of breakfast area.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sets up breakfast at scheduled time.
• Ensures breakfast items are stocked and available to guests during breakfast hours according to company standards.
• Maintains cleanliness of breakfast area and kitchen during and after breakfast hours.
• Greets guests and accommodates special requests as needed.
• Ensures countertops and machines are clean and tidy at all times.
• Inventory breakfast items regularly; orders or purchases items as necessary and provides all receipts to General Manager.
• Assists in maintaining cleanliness of public areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of one month of related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
Welcome to our modern Residence Inn Kingston hotel located near the Hudson Valley Mall & Bard College. Full kitchens in every room make our hotel perfect for a weekend away at Hunter Mountain or Belleayre Ski Center. This Marriott hotel offers a convenient location near the Hudson River and nearby attractions. Guests will find a short drive to local attractions like the HITS Horse Show. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, our extended-stay hotel is your ideal destination while visiting Kingston, NY. Business travelers can utilize our business center, free WiFi, and on-site laundry. In addition, our hotel offers a 20-30 person meeting space for your next event. Families will love our complimentary breakfast buffet, or you can prepare meals in your very own in-suite kitchens. Relax and unwind after exploring Kingston in our indoor pool and hot tub area, or squeeze in a workout at our 24-hour fitness center.