posted September 9, 2019Vespera on Ocean- Autograph Collection Hotel
Vespera on Ocean is a brand-new hotel within Marriott's Autograph Collection, located steps from the ocean and central boardwalk in scenic Pismo Beach, California. At the heart of the Vespera on Ocean will be a full-service, three-meal, 200+ seat upscale restaurant, with a bar/lounge, patio with unobstructed ocean views, poolside dining, interior banquet space, and an event lawn for private functions. At the center of the restaurant is a custom-designed open kitchen.
We are currently looking for a Bartender/Mixologist to join our innovative team at the Vespera on Ocean property.
As a Bartender, you’ll be responsible for the set-up, maintenance and operation of the bar. You’ll also be responsible for creating and enjoyable experience for our guests while providing friendly, accurate and efficient service.
Key responsibilities of a Bartender include:
• Preparing drinks to industry standards
• Presenting all food and beverage items in an efficient and personable manner using the designated serving styles
• Maintaining a knowledge of food and drink menu items, promotions, ingredients and prep time
• Maintaining a knowledge of food pairings and recommended wines or beverages that go well with appetizers, entrees and desserts
• Recommending drinks and up selling when appropriate
• Entering drink orders into the POS
• Collecting payment and making change in a timely and courteous manner
• Washing and sterilizing glassware
• Preparing garnishes for drinks
• Maintaining a clean and well organized work area
The ideal Bartender candidate will have at least one year of Bartending experience, exceptional communication skills, and a passion for delivering excellent service.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits
• Must be familiar with standard drink recipes
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality's unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you're looking for.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.