posted September 9, 2019Vespera on Ocean- Autograph Collection Hotel
Vespera on Ocean is a brand-new hotel within Marriott's Autograph Collection, located steps from the ocean and central boardwalk in scenic Pismo Beach, California. At the heart of the Vespera on Ocean will be a full-service, three-meal, 200+ seat upscale restaurant, with a bar/lounge, patio with unobstructed ocean views, poolside dining, interior banquet space, and an event lawn for private functions. At the center of the restaurant is a custom-designed open kitchen.
We are currently looking for a Server to join our team at our Vespera on Ocean property.
As Server, you’ll be responsible for serving menu items to guests in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner.
Key responsibilities of a Server include:
• Greeting guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explaining all specials, promotions and food items on the menu
• Taking orders, using a guest check/ticket
• Answering questions about menu pricing, preparation, ingredients and plate presentation
• Memorizing and promoting daily specials
• Making food and beverage recommendations to guests as appropriate
• Up-selling appetizer specials, desserts and beverages to improve average check and guest experience
• Ensuring the guest needs are met, including keeping beverages full, providing additional condiments and/or food items, and checking back with guests during their meal
• Presenting check in a timely manner
• Collecting payment and providing change in a timely manner
• Balancing end-of-day paperwork, including cash, credit card and due backs with minimal errors, overages or shortages
• Completing side work
• Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary
• Maintaining a complete knowledge and understanding of menu items
The ideal Server candidate will have at least one year of restaurant server experience, exceptional communication skills, and a passion for delivering excellent service. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 pounds through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.