We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to support the Director of Housekeeping and Housekeeping Manager in the daily operation and leadership of our Housekeeping Team at our AC Hotel Sunnyvale Cupertino.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
• Checking rooms (check-out and occupied) daily to ensure that the quality standards are being maintained by the Room and House Attendants
• Ensuring that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction and revenue
• Reporting all maintenance issues to Ground Control in a timely manner
• Assisting with/expediting special guest requests such as requests for extra towels, blankets and/or pillows
• Working with team members to develop their skills
• Assisting team members in securing all supplies and tools necessary for the completion of their jobs as the need arises
• Assisting team where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests
The ideal Housekeeping Supervisor will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum six months housekeeping supervisory experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality; experience in a 4 Star or 4 Diamond property preferred
• Knowledge of Hotel policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and Hotel property
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the Hotel
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete forms such as a room status report and/or room inspection form
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to team members
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
One of Marriott’s newest brands, AC Hotel Sunnyvale/Cupertino focuses on the little things. New, built from the ground up, the design of this hotel will be stylish, yet efficient, and every detail will provide just the beautiful essentials. The property will feature 183 elegant guestrooms, enhanced outdoor space with communal seating areas and a rooftop pool and sundeck. Upgraded pedestrian connections and bike parking will also make this a traveler favorite when visiting companies such as Nobia, Twitter and AMD in Silicon Valley.
Evolution Hospitality, based in San Clemente, Calif., manages hotel and resort properties in major metropolitan markets across the United States. We operate with a servant leadership mentality, focused on three constituents: guests, associates and owners. Our management philosophy is highly revenue and sales driven, recognizing that consistent business volumes and outstanding top-line results are the first step in exceeding our constituents’ expectations. Properties managed by the Evolution Hospitality team have earned numerous accolades, including several AAA Four Diamond Awards, Travel Weekly’s Silver Magellan Award and American Business Awards (Stevies). A few hotels in the Evolution Hospitality portfolio include: Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, The Queen Mary, Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf and Hilton San Diego Mission Valley. A full list of our portfolio can be found at www.evolutionhospitality.com.