The Night Auditor is responsible for attending to the needs of guests, balancing the revenue and expense transactions that occurred during the day, and performing all of the functions of the front desk staff during the audit shift. The Night Auditor will possess good communications and guest service skills and have the ability to take appropriate action to meet and exceed guest expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Remain highly visible and readily available for guests at all times.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Act as a night manager on duty for the overnight shift.
- Adhere to hotel credit policies and procedures, including credit card authorization, direct bill accounts, check-cashing, cash-payment guests, telephone deposits, etc.
- Balance, investigate, analyze and correct any out-of-balance accounts involving all vouchers, charges accurately.
- Verify accuracy of all allowances, corrections and miscellaneous vouchers.
- Balance all credit card transactions. Prepare and transmit credit card deposits.
- Verify all in-house and closed accounts for accuracy. Validate all rates and posts room and tax and open the new business day.
- Conduct all steps in the property management night audit system to close the current business day and open the new business day.
- Manage guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction. Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction.
- Put all shift work, phone report, restaurant paper work and wakeup call report and printout in an audit pack.
- Balance end-of-shift work and cash drawer.
- Generate, print and distribute daily reports to designated departments/personnel.
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
- Process all check-outs according to established hotel requirements.
- Walk the property hallways and public areas for safety and security measures.
- Ensure that all exterior doors are locked allowing key access only.
- Maintain proper administration of key control.
- Communicate with General Manager and Assistant General Manager regarding any emergency situations that may arise.
- Communicate pertinent shift information (Group information, current selling strategy, follow-up required for guests or shift responsibilities, etc.) to managers and associates both verbally and in writing via log-book. Update as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school graduate.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to deal with management, associates, guests, and general public in a courteous, tactful and patient manner.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests/visitors, management and co-workers to their understanding, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to provide legible communication and directions.
About Parks Hospitality Group . . . We are a family owned company based in Raleigh, NC focused on developing, owning and managing successful hotels. Parks Hospitality Group owns and manages hotels in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. We are proud franchise partners with Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Starwood Hotels and Hyatt and currently have multiple projects in our developmental pipeline. To learn more, please visit www.parkshotels.com.