Pivot Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most successful independent hotel management companies in the industry. The combined experience of our team represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making Pivot a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering hospitality where details matter, apply today to join our team!
The Pastry Cook is responsible for preparing and baking quality pastry items for the Pastry Shop, pastry and bread product quality and quantity and coordination of pastry and bread production for banquet and restaurant functions. The Pastry Cook is also responsible for complete knowledge of the correct use and maintenance of the equipment, tools and supplies. Keep production schedule, forecast use, and communicate daily with the Executive Chef.
• Minimum 2 years Pastry experience.
• College degree or certification in culinary field/hospitality field preferred.
• Food/Beverage Service Worker Permit, where applicable.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other Team Members.
• Ability to work extended hours when business necessitates.
• Read, write and speak and understand English.
• Ability to understand financial goals and accomplish them.
EOE/AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Pivot Hotels & Resorts is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Surrounded by historic homes, lush tree-lined streets and designer boutiques with beautiful Lake Michigan just steps away, Thompson Chicago provides the ideal location to feel connected to the city we call home. The floor-to-ceiling windows in the 247 rooms and suites offer a unique vantage point to take it all in. While the jewel-toned velvet furniture accented with a color palette of muted gray and tan impart a soothing and stylish aesthetic to each of our rooms.