The Night Auditor is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/clients before arrival, upon arrival, from check-in to checkout and efficient balancing of the day’s transactions of the entire hotel. This employee will be responsible for registration, checkout, and cashiering, as well as reconciling and posting daily revenue activity. The Night Auditor is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests in Reservations/PMS and follow proper check-in procedures.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and be aware of guests’ needs; assist in providing a pleasant experience.
- Maintain proper operations of the phone and ensure that all performance standards are being met
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up with guest to ensure satisfaction.
- Resolve guest problems and complaints following the “L.E.A.D” Widewaters Hotels process.
- Follow “5-10” Greeting zone” at all times.
- Display “single acts of kindness” that go above and beyond for our guests to help achieve positive guest scores and ratings.
- Maintain an understanding of hotel history, services, facility information, and rates and packages.
- Follow all department credit /refund policies, including brand guarantee if applicable.
- Have thorough knowledge of hotel amenities, company, and local area & attractions.
- Responsible for the collection of monies for services rendered during a guest stay including posting and balancing charges and settlements for rooms and other outlets if applicable.
- Must maintain proper files, and resetting systems for the next day’s operations.
- Reconcile and complete all daily front desk work.
- Ensure credit card system reconciles to daily transaction lists.
- Run A/R Reports and provide next day reports for departments
- Reconcile and audit completed paper flow for all hotel revenue sources including the front desk, banquets and other outlets within the hotel.
- Properly close all PMS and Point of Sale systems daily, generate and maintain appropriate audit reports and reset all systems to the following day.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Inform General Manager or Front Office Manager of any problems that need immediate attention and/or action to allow proper function of shift.
- Be aware of guest entry access times and ensure doors are locked/unlocked during these times.
- Be present and “on stage” at all times, always available at the front desk. This position should not be stationed in another office or lounging in lobby area.
- Present a professional image and appearance by wearing proper uniform, have name tag present. Must also have a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance at all times.
- This position may require a portable desk phone to be carried around during times when away from the front desk area. This phone should be turned on at all times and personal cell phones should not be used at any time.
- Ensure TV is on and turned to CNN.
- Ensure lobby music is turned on and all lights are on in the morning and operational.
- Ensure newspapers are present and arranged neatly
- For Limited Service Properties this position may be responsible for setting up breakfast items as follows:
- Ensure juice machine is on and operational.
- Turn on Chaffers, check water levels
- Turn on oven to 325 at designated starting time
- Refresh infused water and stock water station
- Fully stock coffee station
- Since this position is often the only position staffed during the night shift, if there is a need to leave the property, a manager must be notified immediately prior to doing so. If there is a need to leave the front desk area for a brief amount of time, a note should be left at the desk if this position is the only position on duty, or if applicable a security guard or other Manager on Duty should cover the area.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, weekends, holidays, etc. when needed and have regular attendance. Normal shift is 11pm to 7am.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours at a time. Note that stools present behind front desk are not allowed at any time.
- For limited service properties it may be likely that this position must work alone.
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping Experience
- Ability to work on PMS software.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School Degree or Equivalent. Minimum of 1 year experience in a front office role
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- CPR certified preferred.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.