INTERSTATE HOTELS & RESORTS
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping Room Attendant
No description for a position can possibly include all duties which may be requested by guest or required by management. The objective of all positions is to effectively provide the quality services personally, or to immediately refer requests to the appropriate Manager. The following is a summary of the major responsibilities of the position.
BASIC PURPOSE: Clean and refresh all daily assigned rooms and report all damage, mechanical deficiencies, suspicious activities or theft in accordance with all housekeeping procedures and standards and safety and security rules and regulations to ensure guest satisfaction. The position reports to the Housekeeping Manager
REQUIREMENT: Must be available to work AM, PM, weekdays, weekends and all holidays.
1. Contribute to the Housekeeping team in order to provide professional, efficient, and dynamic customer service to all guests and associates.
2. Clean guest rooms and stock with appropriate supplies in the prescribed manner while following safety and security procedures and regulations. To include but no limited to:
- Picking up trash
- Changing linen and making the bed
- Cleaning entire bathroom
- Vacuuming, Sweeping and Dusting guest room
- Cleaning the windows and balcony
3. Retrieve, stock, restock and store the housekeeping cart according to prescribed housekeeping, safety and security procedures and regulations.
4. Receive assigned section, keys, supplies and any priority room requests from the Senior Housekeeper. Turn in keys and unused supplies at end of shift.
5. Respond to guest requests and report guest issues and complaints in a hospitable manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
6. Report any missing articles, damage or mechanical problems to the Senior Housekeeper and turn in articles left in room.
7. Constant, strenuous lifting required– up to 70 lbs
8. Coordinate with Housekeeping Management on work priorities and provide assistance when needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: No formal education required
Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to communicate in English
Self-starting personality with an even disposition
Ability to meet standards of appearance
Can communicate with guests
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Explore the San Gabriel Valley from rooms by Old Pasadena’s museums, international restaurants, and specialty shops. It’s just a mile from Hyatt Place Pasadena to the Caltech campus, and 12 miles to downtown Los Angeles.
The hotel is located in downtown Pasadena and will feature: